Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KXTDA - 100 Remote Modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebyatt1

Programmer
Jan 6, 2005
GB
Never used one as I usually use ISDN based lines and just use a DDI.

With A remote modem for analogue lines how do you dial in.
Using default floating ext number and all biut keep getting system fault

From outside the system you either have to have someone transfer the call to the modem Extn or have one of the I/C line set DIL1:1 to the modem No.

I have a couple of systems set up with DIL1:1 in Break mode and have the customer set to break mode so I can dail in as i need to without confusing the receptionist with computer noises.

If your dialing up from an Extn you should get in OK

No we had our engineer transfer the call to 599 and we were getting silence and we would evently drop out from my console with system error,

I just looked at the Maint Console for TDA ver1.01 and the Default modem Number is 299

Im 100% Sure it is 599 on our system. If you dial 599 you get on display "Analogue Remote

if you dial 599 from an Extn do you hear the Modem
also what bit speed are you using ( should be 192000 bps)

I thought I would get a modem. But no just silence.

after futher research I have foud that 599 is the default number for TDA30 and 299 is the Default for TDA100

just for my benifit please try ringing 299 from an Extn and see what you get
if 599 is indeed the correct no. then i would say that the modem card is stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back