Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kxtd-816 KX-T7431 xdp port question

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyquest888

Technical User
Feb 28, 2005
US
I have the kx-td816 connected with 5 Panasonic KX-T7431 phones. The 5 KX-T7431 are setup as ext 101, 102, 103, 104, and 105. I have the cordless (PANASONIC 5.8 GHz Cordless Telephone KX-TG5050W) connected to one of the KX-T7431 (ext 101) XDP port and setup as ext 201.

The problem I am having is that when I am using the cordless phone, I hear this background radio playing when I’m on dial tone or talking to someone on the phone. I’m not even sure what radio station it is playing. I do not have music on hold connected to the system. I am sure the cordless phone is NOT defective because I ONLY have this problem when the cordless is connected to any one of the KX-T7431 phones on the XDP port. The cordless phone works perfectly fine when connected directly to a phone jack that is not part of the kx-td 816 system. Please advise. Thank you for your time.

sounds like a funny one! I assume you have tried changing the moh options in prog to see if the interference follows suite?

The only reason this happens is the system has high electical output, compared to a standard jack, and therefore, more suseptable to other transmissions within a radius. the cordless operating on a 5.8ghz freq picks up some of this interference. the best option is move the radio, which would be fairly close to the system to a further point or try isolating the system (tin foil comes to mind!!!).

do you have the same problem if you connect to any of the other XDP ports

I have the same problem when I connect to other XDP ports.
When I connect the cordless phone directly into the same jack that the KX-T7431 is going into and run the phone directly into the phone line from the CO it works perfectly fine. The only time I get the radio noise is when the cordless phone is plugged into the KX-T7431 and the KX-T7431 is ran thru the kx-td 816 phone system.

There is no radio playing anywhere in the building.

Is the cabling that supplies the building got any external overhead span?

Check to see if the Phone system is properly earthed via a Communications Earth and not just to the building earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back