Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KXTA 308 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerinemo

Technical User
Apr 4, 2007
IE
Hi All
Bit of an odd one this I have not looked at a panasonic system in a long time and I know this is a golden oldie

I was asked to paralell 2 kxt7730 phones to which my answer was
you cant paralell 2 digital phones on the same cable

oh but we already have the same set up on another extension was the reply
I went to site expecting to see an analog phone wired into the analog pair but no sure enough there were 2 7730 phones working off the same cable when you called it they both rang and both were xth 104
If I press speaker on either set they both went on speaker and then pick up the handset and I can make a the call
on the other set intercom light lights and you could listen in if you lift the receiver
Long and short was they did not want to expand but needed an extra phone in the same office and got someone to wire this up

so I wired up a spliier and connected the 2 phones on same cable but for the life of me I could not get it to work same as is working in the other room

Is there a programming step I need to make to enable this

I worked on many panasonic systems a good few years ago but was not aware that this could be done

Many thanks for any replies :)

I would of said no as well.

I would imagine the wires would have to be exactly the d1 to d1 and d2 to d2 v1 to v1 and v2 to v2. and see if the Parrnell phone is enabled on the other one.

I don't see the point of it anyway

Thanks for the reply
Pin out looks ok as I tested it on a Kxtes 824 expecting it to fail but it works on that no problem with the same splitter that I made
Problem is that it is not working on the 308
But I know its capable as it has already been done
My guess is that im missing a programming step

The office in question is only used as a stop gap and there are never 2 people in it at same time

thanks for the reply anyway

I'm late to the party, but as a thought, try paralleling the two phones and REMOVE another phone from the system. If you're running 10 77xx phones on a card designed for 8, it may be a power problem.

Gosh forbid they EXPAND the system.

LkEErie

Thanks for you reply
I will disconnect a keyset and try again when im on site
Yep sad part is they were offered an upgrade to 6 16 very cheap but seem to want to go for the cheapest option
Cheers

Check under program 2.1 I.e 2.Extension >> 1.Main, page1.
Under paralleling Telephone,check the extension you want to parallel.
Let us know if that helps.

Otoni
Thank you for your reply
I did try setting prg 610 Paralleled Telephone Connection but it no effect
Cheers

Hi Otoni
Sorry for the late reply
dont think you can output the config from this as its pretty old
No usb only serial out
Gave up trying to get it to work
Cheers

Status