Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-UT670 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

powercom

Programmer
Dec 30, 2016
LB
Hi , please help me to register UT670 ver.01.122 with KX-NS500 ver.8.00055
Thank You .

No, do I need to do that?

Here are my settings on the phone, pre-registration:

Screenshot-2022-01-21-at-10.04.53_ljo4o0.jpg

(I changed the SIP source port to 7010 because apparently this has to be unique, and I already have a working KX-HDV230 that was using the same port - but they are now using unique ports, but it has not made any difference).

Do I have to open UDP port incoming to 7010 on my local router? I haven't done that for the KX-HDV230 and that works fine, dial tone and voice in both directions.

Thanks Mike.

Does the SIP source port HAVE to be 44822? I have two SIP phones on the same network, I thought the SIP source port had to be unique unless using SBC?

Assuming I can use 7010 as the source port, would the SIP Service Domain be: sip.domain.com:7010 or sip.domain.com:44822 ?

Looking at this, it looks like the SIP Source Port relates to the unit, and the SIP Service Domain relates to the PBX?

Screenshot_2022-01-21_at_10.39.47_klpqj5.png

Ok I have made some progress, but the phone still isn't working.

It seems that uploading the config I took from the PBX (UT_MRG_HTTPS_01NS700.cfg) to the phone in installer mode (user: instoperatoruserid, pass: instpass) then I don't have to set the VOIP settings in the Embedded Web myself, as the config file does that I guess?

Untitled-1_ssbxod.jpg

Just to be clear - I didn't type any of those values in, the UT_MRG_HTTPS_01NS700.cfg file taken from the PBX set them.

Still no dial tone or any audio though. :( I have been factory resetting the phone after each attempt, and de-registering and re-registering it to the PBX.

Ok thanks anyway. I appreciate the help.

Is it possible the UT670 is not compatible with the NS700? Is there any way I would find out?

I don't know. In our region, KX-NS700 is not available.

Ok I have made some progress.

I reset all of the flexible buttons on the phone to a default set. They now look like this:

Screenshot_2022-01-21_at_16.13.54_kcmxle.png

If I pick up the handset I don't get a dial tone, but if I press one of those flexible buttons (01 to 08) then I get a dial tone. If I try and place a call it doesn't complete though.

Durzel, one DN button must be assigned on the KX-UT670.

I think I love you Mike :) Assigning a DN to one of the flexible buttons fixed it. Now when I pick up the handset (or press 1 on the onscreen keypad) I get a dialtone, can make calls and voice works both ways.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back