Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TVS100 - Power Outage Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptanna

Programmer
Sep 18, 2005
US

Have a TVS100 working with a 1232, everything was up and running. Had a power outage recently and since the the TVS100 unit can not be accessed. The power light blinks about 3 time and pauses and the cycle repeats. Tried power cycling a couple times and nothing changes. Also connected a null modem cable to the unit and get a ">" on the screen nothing else appears.

Looks like my hard drive may have failed. How do I get this replaced? I would need the image to burn onto a new drive.

Can anyone provide me some assistance?

Thanks.

did you try giving the h/drive a tap
just remove give a tap and install again

peter

that whole procedure for cloning hardrives has been spelled out here look thru old posts!

Yes, I did try to tap the hard drive and put it back in, but i get the same problem. The power light blinks 4 times and than a pause. And the cycle repeats.

I also read about the other posts in regards to cloning. But since my hard drive doesnt allow the voice system to boot properly, I would imagine cloning it would cause the same problem in the cloned drive.

Even in this approach I would need another drive of this type, which I dont know where to find, or which ones are compatible.

Also, I was thinking if anyone knew where I can download the image file for the drive pertaining to this PBX, I can simply wipe this one and put a fresh image on there.

Thanks.

no image of the file is available as far as i know and what good would it do if you had it if the drive is shot it seems a waste of time to me to mess with it if you are not
making it past the self test ??
does the drive make any noise whilst you boot up the tvs??

having said that if you are you in the USA you can buy a replacement harddrive ready to go from a guy in ny
or order a tva 200

It does make some initial noise but then no noise afterwards. Its also hard to hear once it is inside the machine the way it is located. I believe because of the power outage, some files are corrupted, perhaps the boot sector or the MBR is corrupted and thats causing it not to boot. I can zero fill the HD and put a new image on it. I dont think the hard drive is physically bad.

I am located in NJ, can you tell me how much the replacement HD would be? Also if if you can provide details on the TVA 200, is it compatible with the D1232 PBX and the station phones that I currently have?

Thanks.

look up communicator tel inc on the web and call !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back