Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDE200 and KX-T7433 Phone ringing through XDP port with Tel-a-tone Digital Ringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MageIT

Technical User
Jun 18, 2024
US
Hey guys, have a customer with a TDE200 and T7433 phones. They have one phone that uses a Tel-A-Tone ringer off the port on back of phone. I need to make another phone use that same port with another ringer in another area in the building. I can't get in the TDE200 as the software keeps telling me it is not installed correctly. I can't see a solution off the programming of the phones. Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Am i guessing right that by *******I need to make another phone use that same port with another ringer in another area in the building............ you want to put them in parralell?
For the software, what OS are u using?. Tried uninstalling & re-installing?

I am using the Panasonic PBX, but when I install it, it asks for a Suffix, and won't let me pick none. It them tries to connect to the TDE200 via LAN, which it can see, but then says Programme installed incorrectly. I never get in. Do we know of a software I can download, I have found 4 versions but all do the same thing.

One phone is already connected to the Tel-a-tone and it rings it. I plug in the new tel-a-tone to that phone and it rings. Move the ringer to any other phone and it does not ring. Need just one phone to make the tel-a-tone ring.

Your KX-TDE200 should have a suffix code at the back. E.g KX-TDE200XX, what letters are in the place of XX?
NOTE: KX-TDE200 of USA versions may not have Suffix code, also USA version of the Maintenance console do not ask for suffix code. That is as far as the experience i have with client's systems i have supported.

Right, I don't think US systems do have a code, but everyone I downloaded won't let me enter None. I think I need the US version. Plus do you know if this is the ONLY way I can make another phone utilize the XDP port for that ringer?

I only provide support for US-based systems through a partner in the US.
Through that channel you could easily get Tech support. I think US version has been shared on this forum before but is stronly restricted from distribution

Ok, this is a US based system. It is installed in a business that is going out of business. They just need a new phone to ring with the new tel-a-tone I got for them. I will pay you to help me if that is what you are asking.

You could contact me through my signature and i get more info from you

I am so sorry, I don't see any signature or anything else.

I am so sorry, I did not see it. They took me out of the loop and called their old phone guy. He got it done. I was trying to help them as they are closing, but they deemed it important enough to call the other guy as I was taking too long.

anyway, my hands are out of it now.

Thank you for trying to help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back