Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA50 Maintenance Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptstechnician

Vendor
Jun 28, 2006
US
If using RS232 to connect to the system, which cable is used? Serial or Null Modem?

what are you using for programming software?

I have a kxtd1232 and using a laptop (IBM thinkpad with windows 7) that does not have a serial port, only USB. For some reason I can not get the E1232A program to communicate with this set up. I am using a null modem 25 to 9 pin serial cable connected to a Belkin 9 pin to USB converter.

May not support windows7 also not all USB converter will work I use an Keyspan UBS Converter with XPno problem on KXTD1232 KSU.

LkEErie - I get nothing using Hyperterminal. Cwc3 - I'm using Panasonic Unified Maintenance Console.

When you fix Hypertrm and see SMDR data, then try the maintenance console. Serial is serial.

LkEErie

Like carl said not all usb serial and null adapters are created equal. My prolient usb to rs-232 works just fine with a null a modem adapter and stock 9 to 9 pin straight thru cable on win7 32 bit starter version ,having said that remind us why you are not connecting to the ksu thru the usb port on the TDA 50?

cwc3 - I get the following error "EA04203 Cannot open usb port". I know the usb port on the pc is good because I can connect things to it. I immediatly get the red alarm light when I turn on the power. I'm thinking the whole thing is messed-up.

I think your ksu rev is newer than your maint software ! what revision unified software is this ?what rev is the ksu? are in the states ?are not panasonic certified if in the states?

Software is V5.1.2.3, don't know the rev of the ksu, in the states, am not panasonic certified. Been doing Norstar & Siemens for 15 years, so I have knowledge of phone systems. The switch was giving to me (along with the TVA50 voicemail).

I would guess you're looking at a couple of choices. If you have the Unifed console installed, reinstall it on an XP machine. Get W7 out of the equation. Second, you might want to invest in a Panasonic certified dealer. It's subtle, but you're not getting help from anyone in this group as far as software or free upgrades. Spend the money and befriend a Panasonic tech for this one. Evey problem I've had with the USB port has also transferred to the serial port, but you can still keep trying.

The red light on the KSU can come on for a myriad of reasons. Even during normal operation in a missed synch with the voice mail, it will pop an alarm, so it's nothing to be "alarmed" about :)

LkEErie

pull the sd card and copy the whole thing and upload it too hotfiles.com .post link here I can tell in short order what rev it is !there is an option for you kill the link once it has been downloaded.!Shwn

hotfiles is down ?do you still have the unified software file?did you save usb drivers on your desktop when it asked ? when you open device mgr in windows do you see the tda 50 without an ! in triangle in front of it there somewhere? if no click update driver and tell windows were you saved the drivers if you don't know were the drivers are Remove software and reload it and save usb drivers on your desk top .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back