Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA0920 FOR KX-TDA100 - Software Upgrade to Enhanced Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

esys8

Technical User
Sep 20, 2012
BN
Dear Support,

1. I would like to know if Subjected SD Memory Card Upgrade is only for one PBX unit? or for all units/pbx in each branch?

2. So where/which pbx should i do connect to setup/program using the software/Pbxunified?

3. any suggestion online where can i place order for the memory upgrade in bundle?

Advance thank you for your help!

What features are you looking for the enhanced sd card for

For our system, we would like to use Centralised Voice Mail, Common extension numbering plan for two PBXs in a network, Network ICD Group, Cellular Phone features, Automatic Call Distribution (ACD).. most of them i think.. We also would like to practice these features for other customers. I have no idea still for below ;

1. I would like to know if Subjected SD Memory Card Upgrade is only for one PBX unit? or for all units/pbx in each branch?

2. So where/which pbx should i do connect to setup/program using the software/Pbxunified?

3. any suggestion online where can i place order for the memory upgrade in bundle?

You will need it in all systems

Yes you would Need unified programming tool

Only place to get it is a Panasonic dealer and it is old stock so you might have to upgrade ipmpr card to tde

Consider upgrading to TDE, which does not use 0920 card, but gets the same features with enahced feature license. Rules are the same (1 license per system), but you will get many more features, support for new IP Phones (i.e. series NT5xx) and lot of functions that the TDA will never get. You also get SIP (not available on TDA100/200/600) for both trunks and extesions;

unless you find a old stock price for the sd cards (1 per system) you should invest in TDE.

Better still, consider upgrading to NS1000 + legacy interconnection card: price is almost the same, you keep all your old cards in service for phisical trunks and extensions, and get tons of features. One NS1000 per site. Licensing on NS1000 is "per user", no longer "per system", so let's say that you need just 1 mobile extension, then you just pay 1 of these! And some features are completely new, like voicemail to email (you needed TVM units equipped with network cards), centralized web management, web management for users (setup buttons, and so on).

Skip the centralized dial plan.

Thank you for the suggestions! We may not going for tde at this time anyways..

So once these cards installed in all system. How is the programming? I will get new features in UnifiedProgramingTool? and still we have to program each system? or we will have a centralized management or something?

The Multi Site unified maintenance appears as an option in my market (Italy) but it's not currently available for purchase, so we still configure each system separately.

The only option for single interface programming is currently NS1000 + 1 look network on each site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back