Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA 200 with DXDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dampa

Programmer
Sep 21, 2004
HR
Hello!
I have a KX-TDA 200 Version 1.06 running with 16 DLC card without MEC Card , question is : " How many Digital XDP ports I can activate on this card ? "

Please help me , thanks !

if you do not have any other Extns you can enable all 16 DXDP

But if you have more than 1 card you will need the MEC

Hello again !
I also have attached in PBX other two extension cards 16SLC and 8SLC . Did you mean on that kind of extension cards ?

Thanks, Damir

yes, the other cards use memory resources however with only
24 SLC extns you should be OK to enable the 16 DXDP but if you add another DLC or a DHLC card you will probably need the MEC card you should also upgrade the software of the TDA to the latest for better performance

Thank you Trotski !

I think that you solved my problem.

Damir

Just got back from TDA Certification =)

On the TDA 100 you only need a MEC card if you go beyond 64 extensions whether they are normal or DXDP and 128 on the TDA 200

silly question but when is dxdp even practical other
than when some else is sitting right next to you?

I feel the same cwc3 if you could take it from the 66 block and not have to go through the phone like you can with the SLT XDP then it would be great.

I can see a lot of trouble calls when a users unplugs their phone to clean the desk or something and not plugging them both back in or getting them backwards.

Would probably only use it for a quick fix to get 2 phones next to each other until another wire could be ran or something.

I am on the same wavelength as you cut down duplex jacks
and dual 4 conductor line cords to feed the 17th
phone across the hall not me .... seems like a hassle

You just need to be a bit inventive and manage your customers ie: tell them not to unplug things.

DXDP can sell a Phone system by reducing the number of cards needed for a given set up.

I put a RJ12 plug in the xdp port of the phones and turn the B pair around on to the A pair and wire the Patch Panel so that I can patch the DXDP anywhere within the Stuctured cabling.
I know that you can lose 2 phones if 1 is unplugged but if you warn the customer of this, then this type of setup work well.

Hello again !

Iam happy that you inetresed for my question,but you forget one thing,that software version 1.06 does not support DXDP , next version 1.1 does support.

Thank you anyway.

Bye Damir

Sorry about that Damir, you should be able to upgrade the software easily

you'd be better off just puting in another dlc card I could just see you going into "upgrade" a mission critical system and have something go wrong.

Thanks on your advices, I already upgrade my TDA200 with no problems on ver.1.1 .

Bye Damir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back