Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD816 AND KX-TVP50 NOT KX-TVS50 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2003
CA
I've installed and programmed (basic) the KX-TD816 but I cannot get the KX-TVP50 to work with the KSU. I've reset system settings on the voicemail and returned the DIP Switches back to the Normal Settings but the Power Supply Light is always flashing. Can anyone advice, it would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone knows where I can find an installation manual for the KX-TVP50 it would surely help. I have port 1 and port 2 on the KX-TVP50 connected to EXT 7 & 8 respectively but when I enter Intercom 165 the display shows INVALID.

the tvp only needs one port to work sounds like
you don't have dpits!a flashing light means no integration
have you told phone sytem that you have voicemail
on jack 8 if not change programing for vm integration
for one port only.you must have laptop setup while
pwr up and do quick install for kx-td from tvp menu.

cwc3, thanks for the info. if I connect port 1 on the voicemail to jack 7 on the phone switch and enter the program mode (Program **1234), how do I tell the phone system that theres vm attached on jack 7, also, do I need special software to program the vm from a laptop or can I program mailboxes from a telepone.

what kind of phone do you have connected to programing
extension can walk you thru! no just hyperterminal
part of windows and null modem cable.

thanks again, I have a KX-T7230 set, let me know If you need a telephone # (toll free)or e-mail address to walk me through this programming.

program *# 1234 (key in)117 (press speaker phone)
(key in) 07 (press) auto/store button

if you are in UK you can try 0870-3404201 rings into states GMT-5

I was able to communicate with the vm through my laptop and it kept coming up with APT I/F Connection Is Not Established. I know I have to tell the telephone switch that theres vm connected to it but I haven't had much luck. I have a manual with instructions to integrate the KX-TA series PBX with the vm but not a KX-TD series PBX. From my understanding, I connect a 4-conductor cable from port 1 of the VPS to EXT 7 of the PBX. I then have to connect an APT to EXT 1 and turn the PBX on. Is an APT any single line telephone with a display to configure the PBX or is it a special Panasonic telephone ? When I try Program mode from the KXT-7230 set (Program **1234) I have very limited programming, if I enter Program *# the system seems to look for a 4 digit combination of some sort. This PBX was originally configured as a 4x8 and an 8 port EXT Module has been added but not plugged in if this helps any. I"m in the understanding that from the APT (Ext1) that I tell the vm 1 APT port is for the KX-TVP50 to enable APT integration on extension 07. Can you offer anymore advice ?

you will not be able to
do quick setup on voicemail unless you do what i
described befor your post.a toll free numberfor me
is all i need to help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back