Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD308 and VoIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterman2

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2004
US
Has anyone had any success connecting a SIP-based VoIP product through the 308?

the 308 would see the sip product as a co line is all

thank you. That is what assumed what I was told by the VoIP provider that it won't work with a digital system. I'm hoping to set it all up today.

Thanks!

let us know how you makeout and what productit was!!

I am up and running! They said it couldn't be done but it was a piece of cake. Am running Cablevision's VOIP product through my system. The only problem I am having is that I can't seem to get a standard phone (connected through a XDP port) to ring; which means, I can't hook up an answering machine. Any ideas?

i can help with that do you have the dos program for the
308?

no; but tell me what it is called and I'll try to download from somewhere

will not be able to down load unless you are a certified
dealer!!were are you located?

at least download dox for KX-TD 308 From above link what you will need if you are not used in keystrokes for keypad programming is an overlay(it came with the phone orig) for the diplay set that is pluged into jack 01/ext11

and is program 603 you are looking for see page 4-123 in install manual
if one had a way to reach you by phone one could
walk you thrrough in a flash!!

CWC3

thanks. I already had a copy of the manual. I reset the system (600) and connected a PT to jack 1/ext 11. I connected a standard phone into the PT. Parrallel is on, 603 is set to Ring IMDT. I even tried to turn the XDP port on and set the Standard as ext 21. The phone works but it doesn;t ring. I must be missing something simple. Ideas?

plug a buttset ,2500 set ,or digital meter across that
port ring by intercom first and see if you get 90-105 vac
ringing voltage then ring in on a co test again test for ring voltage if you don't get ring voltage then you have
pwr supply issues double ck xdp also are you sure you
told jack 1-2 to ring imediate?

sorry for the ignorance but where can I get one of these meters? If it is this, what is my fix? Yes, 1-2 is set to imediate.

thanks

what i am trying to say is if you have a single line set and the ringer is on and pluged into jack 1-2(Ext 21) you have ext 11 set up for xdp and you ring ext 21 on intercom call and your single line set does not ring you have a bum ksu !

that is what I was a fraid of. any work around to get an answering machine connected or do I have scrap the whole thing?

install or wire or a jack directly on the voip unit
and set your answering machine for four rings!!!

Try going off hook on ext 11 and dial 391 "parallel on"

Thanks. Tried and no luck. I'm giving up and just bypassing the system and connecting this phone/answering machine directly to the CO line. It's a bummer but I've seemed to done everything but replace the ksu

scooter you may want to default you ksu befor giving
up on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back