Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD180E on KX-TD1232G-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarzanug

Programmer
Jun 7, 2005
SI
I have bought a TD180 from ebay (KX-TD180E) and am using it on KX-TD1232G-E, works ok.

The problem is that I can't get it to show CallerID, I had bought a KX-TD193 to install in KX-TD180E, but TD180E doesn't have a connector anywhere to install it... :(

Do E versions support CallerID by themselves, or am I out of luck?

If I buy a KX-TD180 form US will it work on my system and TD193 to give me caller id?

Thank you for suggestions,
Marija

Yes, I checked, they do, is there something to set somewhere?

Yes, of course, but really there is no place to install it.

There are no connectors for it anywhere... I checked, for sure. I am in a PC field otherwise, and have been doing it since 1982, started with apple II :) so I would see a connector if there. I took my TD180 apart, and on the PCB it is just not anything to connect the 193 to.

Are there different versions of TD180 out there, do some have Caller ID built in?

well I guess you are SOL!no built in caller id
that must be an old card

Our 180 cards do not support CID in australia, so perhaps you've got one similar to ours....Our 816 and 1232's can't get CID unless using ISDN

So do you think that even if I buy one form US, where they do support CID and install 193 module, it will not work on the KX-TD1232?

does your program utility have the caller id included?

Don't know, but ISDN works, shows all the incoming numbers and all.

go in thru keypad see what 406 does? does it say caller
id co assignment?

406 doesnt give me anything, 3 beeps, so I think this function is not available in this version.

yep i thought as much ! well there are some cool stand alone
apps that will give you screen pops with caller id!
enlighten me does the isdn card in your ksu give you
8 line appearances?

Yes, the ISDN is a 4 (x2) ISDN card, and it is working very well, CLIP and all. I just added this 4 port CO module to be able to connect additional two lines we have available from another provider...

caller id doesnt work in ireland or england on annalogue lines either.

peter

yeah we have it here but on the td the way it logs
only at ext 101 is nearly useless it's been less then great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back