Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD1232 conference amplifier chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

realfoneguy

Technical User
Apr 8, 2013
US
I was able to get a chip for the 1232. What I would like to know is other than adding the chip,
1. do I need to reload the cabinet after placing the chip. It's a double cabinet unit.
2. Is there any programming that needs to be done.
3. Does anyone know of the docs for the procedure of putting a conference amp chip in.

Thanks for any help in advance. Brad

1. As far as I know, it is not necessary, after turning on, it should work.
2. You may only need to set some settings about conference depending on the ROM version. But I think only way of use change, nothing in most ROM versions.
3. MANUAL:

CONFERENCE CHIP UPGRADE
1.You do not have to backup memory for conference chip upgrades. Power down KSU and open case exposing the CPU board. Locate the conference chip and replace with new EPROM. Make sure notch on EPROM matches with notch painted on PCB "Printed Circuit Board". WARNING: IF NOTCH ORIENTATION IS NOT CORRECT SEVERE DAMAGE WILL OCCUR.
2. Triple check EPROM orientation!!! Some inexperienced technicians say there is no outline of an EPROM under the chip socket. They are wrong. ALL boards have it. As a rule of thumb, the notch should face the power supply. If you incorrectly install this chip and power up, you will destroy the entire system including the chip. Make sure to triple check!
3. Reassemble KSU, power up unit. NOTE: You will notice the intercom dial tone is different. Most customers are happy with this tone. However, you can switch from normal to distinctive in the 990 field of system programming. Refer to Panasonic programmer help tool/manual for 990 field location.

IMPORTANT CHANGE
*Distinctive = Panasonic's default tone.
*Normal = Our modified intercom tone "Default

You welcome!
Which ROM You have?
Do You need a programming software?

CartoonX, I am good with all that. I have the latest -7 firmware which is the same as -6. I always buy -7 even without the caller ID card because they were the latest produced. I do use programator, and have for almost 20 years. I have never had an issue with it causing a mess. If you want to know how that is possible , let me know and I will tell you. Its a matter of pattern. Brad

I saw problems with Programmator, for example on KX-TD1232 G (G-E), E and BX/DBX MUK versions -2 -7, It can works with many old version until -3 except G versions, for -4/-7 is better to use PPD or DOS E1232A Operating & Maintenance Tool KX-A271. I know how is logically possible to use Programmator, with basic settings (sections) which same on most models, but I don't want to think about it (which sections are same). I want to be able to adjust all the functions and make a full backup with software. For version -6 I'm using PPD, but for -7 I'm searching for E1232 DOS. Do You have maybe a E1232 DOS application for ROM P211WA?

I do not use the E series. I don't think that is for the states. The -6 and -7 are exactly the same except they provided a Caller ID card in the -7. Most re-sellers take them out. Let me check around the web and see if I can find that version for you.

Well, there is a small difference between version -6 and -7 because DOS SW 6_0X for dash 6 refuse to download data ("database mismatch").
I need latest DOS KX-A271 for KX-TD1232 or ROM files P211Q or P211T which are supported by 6_0X.

KX-TD1232 BX DBX MUK (USA) versions

KX-TD1232 Chip information:
-0 P011A / K Non-DPITS pre-DPITS 8MHz CPU. 2MB, RAM 256K
-0,5 P101A / D first DPITS 8MHz CPU. 4MB, RAM 256K
-1 P101E / I DPITS 8MHz CPU. 4MB, RAM 256K (Suffix of Serial No. "N"), RAM 1M (Suffix of Serial No. "O")
P221A and P221B 8MHz CPU. 4MB, RAM 256K (Suffix of Serial No. "N"), RAM 1M (Suffix of Serial No. "O") (with P221B12M special downgrade version for 12MHz CPU, for tandem configuration only)
-2 P231A / J 12MHz CPU. 8MB and P231G8M special version for 8MHz CPU 4MB
-3 P231K / M / U 12MHz CPU. 8MB
-4 P211A / D / H
-5 P211K / M / P
-6 P211Q / R / T / V
-7 P211W

KX-TD816 Chip information:
-0 P011 Non-DPITS pre-DPITS 8MHz CPU. 2MB, RAM 256K
-0,5 P051I / first DPITS 8MHz CPU. 4MB, RAM 256K
-1 P401A / B DPITS 8MHz CPU. 4MB, RAM 256K (Suffix of Serial No. "N?"), RAM 1M (Suffix of Serial No. "O?")
-2 P301C / H 12MHz CPU. 8MB
-3 P301I / O / U 12MHz CPU. 8MB
-4 P311D / H
-5 P311K / M / P
-6 P311Q / R / T / V
-7 P311W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back