Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD1232. . . can it even do this 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeadedBunny

Technical User
Aug 10, 2005
US
where I work really noone clocks out during reguler office hours so my manager wants a number that the installers can call that will automaticlly go to my voice mail thus they have no excuse for not clocking out.

8 phone extenctions with sepret numbers for each. and he also wants it only at night is there anyway to do this? I have 4 diffrent user manuals for this stupid system and none of them are very helpful

thanks

are you saying that you have your own c.o. line?
If so it can be done with night ringing assignments and forward busy no/answer to ext165 peice of cake.set system
to go into night mode @ a specific time.

or if you have ddi auto attendant at night or day you can make it do whatever you want.
we need to know what you have and present setup day & night requested setup .

peter

if I have this right we have 8 co numbers . . . 8 diffrent numbers for 8 diffrent phone lines

i dont know what a ddi auto attendant is

first field 102 set up your day and night service times
the field 101 turn it automatic

408 set your line to only ring at your ext..
set your ext to( intercom 7105165# )ext to busy no answer to ext 165

when someone calls your number at night it will go directly after 4 rings to your personal OGM!!

is the fwd/dnd button on my phone supposed to be flashing consistently???

annoying arnet I lol

yes but depeding on what software revision you have it can
be made to lit solid all the time when fofwarding is enabled. were you able to set up ringing assignments
per my instructions?

to answer the question
i dont know what a ddi auto attendant is
the auto attendent is a feature where when a caller rings into your company they are greeted with a menu (ie)
if you know the extention you require please dial it now
(this alows a caller to ring any ext in the building) these extentions can be forwarded to their own mailboxes or forwarded to a outside line.
the 2nd part of the menu would would say something like
(otherwise )
for sales dial 1
for accounts dial 2
for service dial 3
and so on
these can be pointed to a single extention or a group of extentions.
like i said earlier you can make a panasonic v/mail do pretty much anything.

question 2 what is ddi (direct dial in )
this is a isdn line (or hi speed line)feature supplied by
your telephone service provider.where although you would only have 8 lines on your system you may have 20 line numbers and these numbers can be pointed to 20 internal extentions so a caller can ring directly to a desk accross any one of your 8 lines ...alowing an ext to recieve up to (in this example 8 calls at a time or 8 v/mail messages.

well i hope this explains a bit for you & sorry for the long winded answer...

peter

Direct inward dial as it is called here
is nearly non-existant thats ddi is confusing him they have
8 loopstart Plain old telephone service lines. I myself
have never put a pri into TD before and i've got a lot
of them out there .

also here when you do refer to a did line it normally
refers to anlog line ,old school technolgy were the co actually sends you phone number with DTMF digits down the line and with the right card (the KX-TD number escapes Me)
the panasonic knows were to send that incoming call
gennerally you wind up with a bank of directory numbers
that all ring in on a bank of 4 did's that another thing I have never installed in the field.Riv do analog ddi's exits over there?

I tried it this morning when I got to work *right before the phones swiched to "day"*,4 rings later and it was in my voicemail :D :D :D. I put some whiteout over the flashing button its still flashing but not so ovioulsy now

thanks so much

Debra

hey what I'dd do in the day is set up intercept routing
to your ext then if someone calls in on your line during
the day and no one picks up ,your ext will start ringing
and then if it is not picked up it will b/na to your mailbox.

no dam it you cet all the usefull stuf .... ddi does exits over here its the norm on isdn BRI or PRI lines
Direct inward dial or DID lines is what we call your 8 loopstart Plain old telephone service lines we dont use these much now due to the fact that we cant get any kind of caller id or any other service on them..other than call waiting i have a load of TDs in also but only 1-2 with analogue lines.in beadesbunny's case if here he we would set all lines dil 1-1 to the v/mail and use custom menue to point to extentions & have all the lines hunting... handy feature this ddi on analogue lines.were a bit backward over here

ok now i'm confused
ddi is what you call a normal loopstart pots line
pri is pri i got that ok
bri is bri i got that ok
t1 is t1 t3 is t3 etc
WHAT do you call a line from eircom that sends dtmf digits
the panasonic kx-td 185 card that is not a digital isdn line it is an analog trunk? isdn is large dollars here like 1000$ a month 12 centrex lines is less then a third of that...

same phone system but diffrent problem. does anyone know why when paging someone threw the phone lines *dialing their extention with the intercom button lit-up so only thier phone rings* if you let it ring to long the voice mail of the phone you are calling pickes up this is fine but on one phone if the voice mail picks up it records 10min of hold music. . . and then it calls his cell phone ever 5 min entill he loggs into his voicemail only to find 10min of hold music. . . he gets very ver irate about this

anything I can do to stop it?

Debra

remote notification is turned on on that extension and should be turned off!!

ok for cwc3
over here 3 have 3 typs of lines
1 plain old analogue lines ...these dont carry any type of caller id that can be used on the kxtd nor can calls be routed on them by any other means execpt did or dil 1- N

2 isdn bri = 2 channels used for ddi service

3 pri used as 16channels (fractional rate) or 30 channels primary rate .

you seam to have a more line types over there however i now belive the TDA can get cli on the annalogue lines but i havent tried as no one uses annalogue here anyway

cwc3 have you tried the TDA 600 software yet not bad ....
a little bit more arkward i think it was better the first way

peter

yes caller id works fine on analog line but it has
little functionality to only log on lowest extension.you
have to be running a stand alone app or tapi for caller id
to be helpful..the analog 624 824 and taw 848 can do callerid on callwaiting which is kinda cool for the household user
which is something that never got written into the TD
side of the board!!well I can say the td has been
discontinued here now and some of us geezers are sad about
that they were cut and dry.now we'll spend the next 10
years supporting blokes that own them!S

is turning off remote notification the only way to end the hold music???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back