Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kx-ta624-5 trunk to trunk transfer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deales

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
US
Has anyone experienced problems with transfer to CO line?
This is a new install and when transfering to CO neither party can hear each other very well at all. It just so happens that this feature is the one thing the customer uses most. Any help would be appreciated

Ok I was told a better solution from a Bell tech which is to use the flash button and use 3 way on each line. He told me by using tranfer and grabbing another line it would cut the volume in half on each line? Could someone explain this better because this went right over my head I mean why would this be a system feature if you cant even hear the other party?

is this a co to co conference with 2 long distance calls

A trunk-to-trunk transfer is also known as an unsupervised conference. The latter term describes in more detail the actual electronic operation of this feature, because it uses a phone system's conference circuits. It also hints toward another fact: In a regular conference the outside parties also have trouble hearing each other.

An acurate analogy of a CO Transfer would be 2 persons trying to converse around a corner in intersecting hallways. The sound has to reach the other person in an indirect way.

Using the same analogy in regards to a CO conference, the two outside parties are still separated by this corner, but the person who used the phone system to initiate this conference, is at the intersection. The two outside callers still can't hear each other well, but they can hear the person in the middle.

Every phone system has this issue, because all phone systems are functionally the same. Some phone systems have a solution to this problem by allowing the technician to adjust the gain between the outside parties. Unfortunately, many do not, such as the Panasonic KXT-A624.

Also, it should be pointed out that using this feature will cause 2 phone lines on the system to be tied up for the entire conversation. If using the Central Office's flash-transfer feature, once you hang up the call is gone thereby using NO phone lines. As any business owner will tell you, that's VERY preferable. Now, the trick is to get an Automated Attendant to do this automatically. There are many that cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back