Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TA1232 with analog ACD/Voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowvoltageguy

Technical User
Mar 7, 2005
US
Have a kxta1232 with 12co's and 24ext. Set up to ring on group 2, that is extensions 23/24. Analog ACD works fine on my kxt6160, keep control of the line until someone picks up, or until 4 rings expire then goes to that extensions voice mail. When I hook it up to the 1232 something strange happens. The 1232 takes control of the line, the ACD hangs up, and the 1232 rings the extension 12 times, then returns the unanswered call to the extension that called out (either 23 or 24). The ACD thinks this is a new call, so starts all over again. What is the 1232 doing? I dont want it to take over, but it is doing something my little 6160 isn't.

Lee

are you saying that you are in field 408 and you
put ext 23 or the group 2 fdn in there or did you turn all ringing off except for jack 23 or group 2 FDN in field 603?

you need to tell us how the acd unit connects to the
equipment does it go on the lines or does it connect
to ext's on the system?your not clear on how this is set up?

oh I think I get it the 12 rings is the no answer timer
you need to forward busy no answer both your extensions to
ext 165 !

I'm not sure you understand.
Just imagine that the analog ACD is a plain old telephone. It transfers to another extension and the 1232 takes over after the call has been placed. I want to TURN OFF the blind transfer option. I want the analog ACD (the pot extension) to retain control. How can this be done on a kxta1232?

your answer may is to set field 201 to 0 rings
if you are saying that you never want a tranfer recall
then thats how its done! i just tried it the line just flashes on hold and the ext is lit up solid

you relize that this affects all calls that are transfered
except for forward B/NA calls

Just thought of something if the tvs was to like press 1 for sales blind transfer to a group of lets say four dummy exts and you shut your recall timer off and then you had a rad with music and a pacifier message on the moh that said pls hold for the next available agent you really would not need an expensive acd or disa & ogm card you lines would be
flashing at your phone the only thing you would not know was who was on hold the longest hmm

It isn't that I don't want a recall. I don't want a blind trasnfer. The COMET ACD picks up the call at extension 23. The caller enters extension 112. Comet then acts like a POT, does the flash hook and dials ext. 112. It is supposed to wait until someone picks up the line and then transfer teh call. If someone doesn't pick up the line Comet will then tell the caller that the extension is busy and ask if they want to leave a message. Coment never goes off line.
This doesn' t work if blind transfer is inacted. Comet sees that as an answer and 'hangs up'. Panasonic 1232 rings for 12 times, then returns the unanswered transfer. Comet sees that as a new call.
My 6160 does not have the blind transfer, or if it does it is not on. So Comet ACD is able to keep the line and then transfer to VM when no one picks up. I need to dumby up the 1232 so that it lets COMET ACD keep the line (no blind transfer).

Lee

humor me and set 201 to 0 make a test call!!!

the 12-32 has independant annalogue ports (xdp) these may be switch on if so the call might no be ringing properly on jack 23-24 if i am right your device works on a annalogue ext ?
point your calls to port 23-2 & 24-2 and enable the xdp and try this this sometimes happens on answer machines ..they have to have the (extra device port) xdp enabled

worth a look peter...

you could dial in if you had a modem and not drive there!!

And I could fly if I had wings.

This is the only 1232 I currently maintain. I have several sdbs 616's just as many hybrid 6160's more 624's and a couple digital systems (one 308 and one 816). I'm putting in a 308 at my home office to replace a soho unit so that I can get more familiar with the digital hybrids as more appear on the used equipment market.

Lee

call the client walk them thru the program change
and save yourself a trip!

ah sorry mate should have chk ed better

peter

That didn't work. Since the ACD did work on the kxt6160 at the office, I set it up as a kxt6160 and changed the extension digit length to 3 from 2. It works. To the ACD the 6160 is closer to the kx-ta1232 than the kxt1232 is, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back