Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kx-Ta and TVS50 Message waiting lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyec

Programmer
Jun 1, 2003
US
I am installing my first and hopefully last panasonic system. I am working thru the vioce mail and I cant get the message waiting light to come on. Right now after the AA picks up (after 30 sec) If any option is selected it goes to Mailbox 101. The only mailbox. This is just a answering machine for a house. After fumbling with the voice mail greetings and AA setting the message waiting lamp wont come on. I can do the F710(ext)# or something like that and the light will come on. In the voicemail under intergration for message waiting lamp the dialing plan is blank. when I enter what its susposed the be and go back in to see if it took its not there. What am I doing wrong? Is this why the lamp wont come on or is there something else to check? Help please.

Tye

I am having trouble understanding the question. Are you trying to get message waiting on an answering machine? If 101 is the only mailbox and it doesn't have a Panasonic phone, you cannot get a message waiting light.
Please clarify...

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Ext 101 is a system phone. All I really need is for Mailbox 101 to answer lines 1 and 2 after 4 rings. Right now the Auto attendant comes on and says good morning then a 3 sec pause, then the recording I put in, then a 3 sec pause then the beep for the 101 mailbox. I have all the options on transfered to mb 101. Its the long way to get to mb 101. Can I get mb 101 the answer the lines after 4 rings instead of the AA.

Also when a message is left on 101 the message waiting light does not come on? It worked at one time. I did a system clear on the voice mail 3 times to start over from scratch. After the 3rd time the light wont come on now. What setting am I missing?

Here's what you do tyec:

Sometimes the quick setup on the TVS series voicemails will omit the Message Waiting string. Nobody seems to know why. The code is 701X for ON and 700X for off.

The best way to get the "Glorified Answering Machine" for residential applications is thus:

PBX programming
1.Station setting make: sure all extensions are in EXG [1]
2.System/miscellaneous: Call Hunting EXG No. 1=R
3.System/Timer: Intercept time=# of rings b4 vm picks up
4.Line Setting: DIL 1:1 DAY/NIGHT=EXT [191]
5.Additional Function SYS 5 #7 0
6.Co Line Grp INTERCEPT EXT # DAY/NIGHT=EXT[165]

VOICEMAIL: (Delete all voicemail boxes first)
1.System Parameter Setting/System Group Assignment Extension Group:Make Group 191 add all members that you want simultaneous message waiting lights for this one mailbox (I usually do all)
2.Mailbox Setting/Enter/Edit: MB Number 191/Extension of owner=191, COS=1
3.Class of service 1: Authorization for message notification=Y

Record a greeting for mailbox 191, and give the customer instructions on how to re-record it. Customer will get message waiting on every phone you added into the group above when messages are left in MB 191.

Hope this was what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back