Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TA 616 Easaphone, nearly fossilized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoominCo

Vendor
Sep 19, 2003
US
I have no idea how old this one is, just saw it for firstr time yesterday.
The customer can no longer transfer from a SLT by using flash. The flash does put the line on hold and returns system DT to the handset after 2 short beeps, but as soon as digits are dialed the call is dropped.
I tried changing the flash timer, that didn't help.
Any ideas? I don't think its a programming thing , I think the system is developing alzheimers !
thanx
jim

Yes, I thought of that& it might help, but it might also send all programs back to default. I wouldn't imagine the battery has anything left in it. I would have to check & record every program for status first. And then I'd give it less than a 50/50 chance of working.
I'll run the idea past the owner.
thanks

will not clear your program settting. {only some station Program}

it will default if it has a battery backup is shot!!

cwc3, yes, I know. and thats always an unwelcomed surprise!!

is the system actually a KX-T 616 bag of crap old system???

Yep, old KXT-616 Easaphone. Not much program options, a few dead extension ports, prolly no RAM battery left. Installed layed on floor under a paper shredder trash can. Wires under a pile of magazines, poorly spliced to a 25 pair IW that goes to who knows where.
Its in a little $20 per nite mom & pop motel that you wouldn,t stay in unless they paid you $100 per nite.
They can't afford to upgrade to a $1,000 used system, but they want an auto attendant so they don't have to answer every call.

Hehe. HE. HAHA. HAHAHA! He he.
Auto Attendant? HEHEE. AHHHHAAAAHAHAHA! HOHO HEHE! Hehe.

P.S. Cheap ba$tards. Do the rooms rent by the hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back