Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-T123210BE Autodial to mobile (cell) phones problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralex101

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
GB
All was well with our phone system until it was decided to update our autodial numbers due to changing several of our company mobile phones.

All of our landline autodial numbers are working fine and manually dialling in the new mobile numbers also works but when programmed into autodial (remembering to add the prefix "9" for an outside line) the automated BT lady says number not recognised.

The phone system was set up several years ago before my time with the company and apparently another prefix had to be added to the mobile numbers in order for them to work (before or after the "9" I am not sure as a number before would suggest a special configuration mode within the Panasonic phone system and a number after would be the phone company). We are not with BT having gone for a company who installed non-standard BT phone lines. Both the Panasonic phone system and outside lines were installed by this company and unfortunately the chap who installed them and fixed this problem last time no longer works for them, so they are no help, or at least the engineer I have been speaking to says it makes no sense.

I cannot tell if it a problem with the KT-T1232 system, the non-BT phone lines or a strange combination of both.

Unfortunately I have no old autodial numbers to refer to as I wiped the lot during the process of updating them all and did not realise we were the only people in the world who seem to have this problem until it was to late.

Suggestions would be most welcome

Update:

I have discovered that the reason is the autodial dials the mobile number to fast and this causes a fault somewhere, perhaps at the local BT exchange it's self, who knows.

However in autodial you can put deliberate pauses by pressing the pause button between individual numbers but I know there is a special code you can add before the number in autodial to tell the system to automatically pause between each individual number.

However I cannot find this code in the book. Does anyone know what this code might be?

There is no such code available in speed dial. But I think you will find that if you just add a pause after the 9 and before the rest of the number, it will work. I hope this solves your problem.

The pause does work, but the engineer who originally installed the system must have done something because he didn't use pauses but a number before the autodial number.

Well anyway it's fixed and people will just have to out up with P's being displayed everywhere, which definitely wasn't the case before I messed it all up :mad:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back