Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-NS1000 Softphone options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markurian

Systems Engineer
Sep 5, 2022
AU
Hello all,

I'm currently exploring migrating from a TDE-200 to an KX-NS1000 v9, however I'm struggling to find information on what the recommended/best experience soft phone is for such a unit.
I've seen there's a few SIP softphone clients, and also the Panasonic proprietary softphone (but confused because there seems to be a handful of these?), but keen to know what the experts recommend, and where I may find them.

Cheers

If you will migrate to NS1000 v9 - of course it's better to use the Panasonic proprietary softphone.

Hi Ired, thanks for your response.

I see there's a heap of Panasonic Softphones out there... Which is the one best paired with the NS1000? I think I've only got ancient ones for the TDE-200...

KX-NCS8100. It is a Software IP Proprietary Telephone (Software IP-PT) - you better to use this one.

My goodness is that softphone hideous! Does it have an option to change it to a more contemporary skin?

Also, it was raised to me that we could possibly roll out SIP softphones now, in preparation for a non-Panasonic solution next year, thus allowing the visual/user experience remain the same, regardless of back-end system. Would there be any particular SIP softphone that is platform agnostic, that you'd recommend?

In case of future migration to another platform you should to use any SIP-softphone.
Such as: MicroSIP, Zoiper, LinPhone, Bria etc. There is a lot of program-SIP-phone solutions...

Panasonic's licensing server for their softphones will be dead by the end of the year, and then you will be unable to liscense any new apps. I wouldn't bother, use a third party softphone if you like.

Hi Fodrod, does this include the KX-NCS8100? I've found that v5 has a better interface and isn't just a photo of an early 2000s Panasonic desk phone anymore.

Markurian, mr. Fodrod said about Panasonic Mobile SIP softphone (for iOS or Android mobile devices) - it uses it's own licence server, that will be stopped at 31st of December.

NCS8100 is an IP-PT (IP Proprietary Telephone), like KX-NT series Telephones. It uses Panasoniс proprietary IP-protocol and is not compatible to any other non-Panasonic hardware/software/cloud PBX.
To use it you should have a special activation key (file) at your PBX. That file can be generated onto another licence server, that will not be stopped at 31st of December. But if you will have NS1000 v9 - you need not to generate such file (for KX-NCS8100) at all.

But I have to repeat: if you planning a migration from Panasonic KX-NS1000 to another platform in the nearest time, it's better for you to use any 3rd-party (common / universal / non-proprietary) sip-phones or softphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back