Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KVM's with AIX & Windows PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitts01

Technical User
Jan 24, 2006
GB
Guys & girls

Any of you have users running IBM Workstations running AIX5 & Windows PC's with the same monitor, keyboard & mouse. We have tried several different 2 port KVM's (Belkin USB & PS2) but they seem to cause alot of problems with the unix workstation, espesially as the workstation reboots overnight so the users have to remember to leave the switch on the workstation before they go home. Ideally we need DVI KVM's that can either do PS2 or USB.
Anyone got any experience in using any of these with both unix & windows systems???

Thanks

Howdy

Have you looked at IBM LCM ?

Seems to work OK for us ...

Kind Regards,
Matthew Bourne
"Find a job you love and never do a day's work in your life.

Thanks for that ....

Had a quick read and isn't that more for servers, all we are after is a 2 port setup that will be on the users desk, and works with Windows XP pc's & IBM AIX workstations.

If you haven't already made a decision, I use a 4-port KVM from Star-Tech. It uses their own "special" cables that have three plugs on the machine end (DB15, kbd, mouse) and only one on the KVM end (less wires) and works very well with AIX systems if you're using the ps/2 kbd/mouse and gfx card. I have two aix boxes and two pc's connected and all works well. I paid approx $45 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back