Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kvm 2 users controlling the same computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakujii

MIS
Jul 4, 2003
CA
Does anyone know a KVM where 2 users can control the same computer at the same time (full control)

thanks

Fred

You have only one life, enjoy it !!!

Can't, the OS and BIOS can work with only one mouse and keyboard at a time. A KVM gives only a choice of one computer connected to the KVM at a time.

i saw something about this and it is possible.. but i can't remember where i saw it.. it might've been /.

Seem to recall that 2 mice (mouses) work OK. Don't recall the exact setup to get it working but I have seen it in action.
Suspect that 2 keyboards would be swappable through a mechanical switch box. But no electronic switches.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Why would you want to have 2 people control 1 pc? If you are running xp and had 2 machines you can run the other with remote desktop. I mean you only have 1 mouse pointer,so who gets control? You can have 2 mice but they will oppose each other. Even with 2 monitors you can't have 2 perfectly seperate desktops, the mose pointer only lives in one instance so only shows up at 1 spot on 1 desktop at a time.

Rich

I shall use google before asking stupid questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back