Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Konftel 300WX & DECT 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Have a customer with IPO 11.0 system & they just acquired a remote office.
Have the J179 phones working there, but requesting a conference phone of some kind.
Getting different reports whether the Konftel 300WX conf. phone would work outside of the IPO's network?
Customer does not want to have the expense of installing any kind of firewall or VPN.
Haven't ever touched/programmed the Konftel300WX before, always used their analog conference phones.
The working J179 phones, just have phone system's public IP for HTTPS server, SIP Domain & one of the SIP proxy policies.
Then internal IP of IPO for HTTP server & the other SIP proxy policy.
Changed my TCP port to something different in the IPO than the 5060 & tell the J179 phone to use that port.

If the 300WX will not work, is there any other option to use to get them a conference phone at the remote location?

Thanks in advance

Please at least tell me you have a firewall between the IPO and the rest of the world???

The Konftel 300Wx is just a wireless conference phone and depends on the base station as to whether it's SIP or Analogue. If its the IP Dect base station then you can register this as a SIP endpoint. If it's an analogue base station you'll need an ATA (like a Cisco SPA) to register back to the IPO.

Thanks IPOLackey,
Yes at the IPO side have firewall & everything very secure.
We are going to get the IP Dect 10 base station for the Konftel, so what you are saying I should be able to make work at the remote location?
Boss went ahead & ordered everything & was going to fully test/find out if works when comes in on my test system.
Thanks again

Don't forget that you'll need third party SIP licenses for the Konftel DECT 10 to register.

If it doesn't work, I can confirm that the 300Wx will register and work perfectly with the IPO DECT R4 solution and it'll use IPO Endpoint licenses too. I have a 300Wx on my home IPO with DECT R4 and it works perfectly!

Thanks Shaun E,
So you have your 300Wx & DECT R4 on your home IPO, but does it work outside of your home IPO on a different network?
Please, if so could you tell me the settings used?
Just got the 300Wx & DECT 10 in & have it working on my test system on same network, but will need it working outside of my network.
Thanks again

Hello again all,
Been told this week to install this Konftel & been trying to make it work from my house to my office's test system.
It would be basically the same setup as my customers.
IPO at my office, office has public static IP, have working J179 working at my house, but can't get the Konftel IP Dect 10 to register at home.
Been told different things by Konftel, first said will not work without VPN/firewall at my house, then after receiving the Konftel devices & trying to configure, last Konftel tech support guy never said it wouldn't work.
He did login & seen the Dect 10 is going out of my home network to ask for registration, but not it's not getting any kind of reply back.

Just would like to know if anyone has or would know if will work outside network of the IPO without VPN/Firewall?
Boss is adamant if can make the J179 work, should be able to make Konftel work????
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back