Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

known compatibility issues between autodesk inventor and office 2000 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanpermck

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
CA
i just installed autodesk inventor 5 on my me system, and now office wopn't open properly. invenmtor works fine, but whjen i try to open a word document, the file opens, and io see it come up completely. i then hear a loud beep, and word vanishes and i am returned to my desktop. i had this same problem with autocad 2002. any ideas?

there is a known issue in the database I believe under one of the really old versions. I didn't read the document myself, but was relayed the message by a fellow consultant.
If I remember correctly, you have to not only have office installed prior to Inventor, but you have to open the products and then install Inventor. My guess is it's a priority issue in the bios for what Inventor needs to use. I'm not possitive if you have to uninstall and re-install both office and Inventor or if you can get by with uninstalling Inventor, running office and then reinstalling Inventor. Hope this helps!

I found the document... if you go to > services & support > Knowledge base and in the key words type TS74239 it will come up with the issue.

Kristina

Sounds like the old Office SR-1 and AutoCAD problem to me...

It's a Microsoft issue - your version of Office probably has a CD key that begins with GC6J3...

This link should tell you everything you need to know (eg, you need to enter a new CD key!)

Go here...

Hope this helps!
thefonzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back