Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Known' bug stops owa with sbs4.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulwood

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
GB
I've had a client contact me who has had Outlook Web Access installed on their NT4 (SBS) box. It keeps on falling over and the installation company says it is down to a known bug in IIS which often crashes when OWA is accessed and they can't fix it. This makes it completely unusable.

Anyone heard of this? Anyone got owa running successfully on NT4?

Hi,

I had the same problem in my company and we fixed it.

We are using IIS 3.0 and had ASP 1105 Error!! After logging to my OWA resource I get the ASP Error and will automatically stop or I would get Dr.Watson error on inetinfo.exe

We found out that if any of the client machine is having outlook 2003 installed, this could lead to problem which I said in the earlier paragraph since it creates new fields in the exchange database.

This could be rectified by installing the latest patches which is available in KB842436 Article.

I hope this would solve your problem

regards

Manoj

Hi Manoj

Thanks for the reply, they are indeed running Outlook 2003, so I'll check it out when I'm next in their office. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back