Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Knowlege base search engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jantzen

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
GB
I have designed an intranet with I.T help pages, I have included a knowledge base with a search engine.

When I search for a specific word, if that word is in the homepage then that also returns in the search!

Any ideas how to prevent the homepage returning in the search?

Cheers

J

Post up some details on the server-side technology you are using (including the database).

My initial suggestion would be to have the index/home page contents stored in a different table in the database... and then have all the other pages contained in another table - so that you can search over the "another" table (and miss the content in the "index/home page" table).

Jeff

I used this site to design my knowledge base using access.
But my homepage is used to link all the html pages.

I have edited the database so that it does not search the homepage but as the search is returned the results link back to the homepage and then searches that too?

J

website said:
I Can't Use The Yider Because It's Missing A Small Feature. What Do I Do?

Write to me and tell me what you need. I usually add features that Yider users ask for so there's a good chance your requirements will be added in a forthcoming release.

Looks like the Yider people would be more than willing to help you resolve this. Give them an email.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back