Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Knob - thanks for the host script - another question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuck60

Programmer
Jan 24, 2003
US
The host script compiled cleanly with the large model version and runs on my dos machine. Since I don't have a pcplus manual handy is there a command line way of invoking the host.asx script fromm a bat file? also where might I acquire an aspect language manual for reference?

Thanks,

I'll have to double check this when I get home (I don't have a DOS manual at work), but I think it would look something like this:

<path to Procomm>\pcplus.exe /fasphst.wax

I'm fairly certain there is no space after the /f, but I may wrong on that.

There is usually a used copy of DOS version 2.x for auction on eBay, but the only DOS version I see at the moment is 1.x, which is sufficiently different from 2.x that the manuals would be of no use. I would also check zShops and the marketplace at Amazon.com (there were some hits there), as well as searching froogle.google.com. If you can wait until tonight, I can give you a little more information on the manuals you want (such as publication date), since the links I took a quick look at did not have pictures or version information. I can tell you that the 1.x manuals (which you don't want) were mostly white, while the 2.x manuals were blue/violet. Also be aware that there are two manuals - one for Procomm itself and another for the ASPECT language.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

knob ... pcplus /fapplication.asx [no space] works just fine, thanks again.

Glad to hear you got it working. I just looked at my response against and the .wax shouldn't have been in there since you're using the DOS version. Oops!

OK, the DOS 2.x manuals have a copyright date of 1987/1990 (mine were printed in January 1991). The Procomm manual has 311 pages, while the ASPECT manual has 263 pages. The Windows 1.x manuals are copyrighted 1987/1992, while the DOS 1.x manual (looks like there was one instead of two as I thought) is copyrighted 1987/1988.

Knob.... I could use a lead on an aspect manual for procomm 2.x if you know where one might be had, otherwise I have working [for now] what I needed to get done. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back