Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kitchen Display Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitronUnit

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2003
I'm looking for info on KDS interfaces for use in quick service drive-throughs, i.e. the SW/HW solutions used by groups such as Wendy's, etc. I've been told that QSR Automations is a leader in this but would rather get preliminary feedback from the forum before I listen to sales pitches.

Anyone have pros and cons to share on QSR or others?

I sell the QSR product (about 20 per month) into quick service stores. We use AlohaQS software to drive the video so I can't comment on the software that QSR writes but the hardware is solid and I like the redundency features they provide.

MRBRENT,
Have you ever used Tableservice with QSR KDS? With the installs that you have done have do you track ticket/order times with KDS?

Thanks!

All I can say about QSR is that it is pretty decent to setup, but to be a dealer it is hugely expensive. Aloha came out with their own KDS, it's cheaper and easy to setup, so everyone I know is using the aloha system now.

I agree with AdamDR. The Aloha Video is the way to go.

can anyone tell us how to program the qsr units, we have taken over service for a client who was let down by his previos supplier and he`s going to change out the qsr, but not all at the moment

I have some new QSR units for sale (336.510.7854) if anyone is interested.

Hi

what pos system are they set up for, or can they be configured to work with other systems?
also with models are they >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back