Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kindal worm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdin

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
My antivirus program AVG has just found a worm, they call it "KINDAL" it was found in my "c:\_restore\temp\A0007456.cpy". I have had a worm before and was able to delete it by starting my PC on safe mode, it didn't work this time.
It reports,"cannot remove as it may be in use", can someone give me a helping hand??

patiently.....BigDin

Thank you tb525,
every time I try to get in on the web adress it takes a long time then it times out.
I have got rid of the worm but I need to have an understanding of how to create a new restore point, maybe you know another useful web-site.?

1. First, click on Start, go to Programs, then System Tools, and click on System Restore.
2. The System Restore window will open and give you a brief description of what the System Restore utility does.
3. Click on Create a Restore Point and then click Next.
4. It will ask you to give a Restore Point description. Give it a description that will be easy to identify in case you need to restore the computer in the future. It automatically records the date and time that the restore point was created so there is no need to include that in the description.
5. When finished click Next.
6. It will take you to a screen asking you to confirm the new Restore Point. Click OK.
7. The System Restore window will close and your are now finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back