Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KIM on an 824??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceRing

Vendor
Jan 13, 2012
US
I have a customer that has gone through a couple of T7324 sets and rather than buy another, I was going to upgrade them to a T7316e and add a KIM. I had one in stock but had never really tested it, just in a box of parts and pieces for a long time. But when I plugged the KIM in today, it never came up. It turns out that the KSU is an old 824 and it looked like the s.w. version was 2.1. I checked programming and it showed the CAP programmed to 221, which is the one I am working on.
So it's either a bad KIM, or the system is too old to be compatible. The Feature **CONFIG programming goes to 1. CONFIGURATION, etc. NOT to TERMINALS & SETS. So pretty early software.
I may just have to put them back into a M7324, because they need all those appearances and don't want to give them up.
What say you?

Not compatible with that old software. Either go back to a M7324 or upgrade the software. Doubt even the latest software for an 8x24 could handle it. Installing a MICS with at least 6.1 is needed.

ok, thank you. yes, I will upgrade the system when it dies. non-profit. broke. thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back