Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyword Searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phutie

Programmer
Jul 31, 2000
PH
Hi,<br><br>&nbsp;I just want to print the content of the query. I hope you can check out<br>&nbsp;if my code is correct:<br><br>&nbsp;create a database with a table named KeyWords.<br><br>&nbsp;create table KeyWords (<br>&nbsp;KwID int(7),<br>&nbsp;Kwords char(15),<br>&nbsp;PRIMARY KEY (KwID));<br><br>&nbsp;and here's the code:<br><br>&nbsp;&lt;?<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$db = mysql_pconnect(&quot;host&quot;, &quot;username&quot;, &quot;password&quot;);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;mysql_select_db(&quot;dbasename&quot;);<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;HTML&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;HEAD&gt;&lt;TITLE&gt;Keywords&lt;/TITLE&gt;&lt;/HEAD&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;BODY&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'&lt;TABLE BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=2 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH=468&gt;&lt;TR<br>&nbsp;VALIGN=TOP&gt;&lt;TD&gt;';<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;FORM ACTION=\&quot;$PHP_SELF\&quot; METHOD=\&quot;POST\&quot;&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;BR&gt;&lt;INPUT TYPE=\&quot;TEXT\&quot; NAME=\&quot;KeyWords\&quot; SIZE=30&gt;\n&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;INPUT TYPE=\&quot;SUBMIT\&quot; NAME=\&quot;Search\&quot; VALUE=\&quot;Search\&quot;&gt;\n&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;&lt;/TABLE&gt;&lt;BR&gt;';<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$my_array = explode(&quot; &quot;, $KeyWords);<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;for($i = 0; $i &lt; count($my_array) ; $i++)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;{<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print &quot;$my_array[$i]&lt;BR&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}<br><br>&nbsp;if($KeyWords != &quot; &quot;){<br>&nbsp;$count = count($my_array);<br>&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;SELECT * from KeyWords where &quot;;<br>&nbsp;for ($i=0;$i&lt;count($count);$i++) {<br>&nbsp;if ($i == $count) {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;(Kwords LIKE '%$my_array[$i]%')&quot;;<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;else {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;(Kwords LIKE '%$my_array[$i]%') OR &quot;;<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;)&quot;;<br><br>&nbsp;$result = mysql_query($sql,$db);<br><br>&nbsp;print &quot;$result&quot;;<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;print &quot;&lt;/BODY&gt;&lt;/HTML&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;?&gt;<br><br>&nbsp;If I entered a keyword which is existing in the table, it should display<br>&nbsp;the keyword if its not, it should display nothing.<br><br>&nbsp;I hope you'll be able to help me, thanks in advance...<br><br>&nbsp;PHUTIE<br><br>

Ok, this is an example of code that returns all the mathing words (sorry but i did not check your part of the code) :<br><br>&nbsp;&lt;?<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$db = mysql_pconnect(&quot;host&quot;, &quot;username&quot;, &quot;password&quot;);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;mysql_select_db(&quot;dbasename&quot;);<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;HTML&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;HEAD&gt;&lt;TITLE&gt;Keywords&lt;/TITLE&gt;&lt;/HEAD&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;BODY&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'&lt;TABLE BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=2 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH=468&gt;&lt;TR<br>&nbsp;VALIGN=TOP&gt;&lt;TD&gt;';<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;FORM ACTION=\&quot;$PHP_SELF\&quot; METHOD=\&quot;POST\&quot;&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;BR&gt;&lt;INPUT TYPE=\&quot;TEXT\&quot; NAME=\&quot;KeyWords\&quot; SIZE=30&gt;\n&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;&lt;INPUT TYPE=\&quot;SUBMIT\&quot; NAME=\&quot;Search\&quot; VALUE=\&quot;Search\&quot;&gt;\n&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;&lt;/TABLE&gt;&lt;BR&gt;';<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$my_array = explode(&quot; &quot;, $KeyWords);<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;for($i = 0; $i &lt; count($my_array) ; $i++)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;{<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print &quot;$my_array[$i]&lt;BR&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}<br><br>&nbsp;if($KeyWords != &quot; &quot;){<br>&nbsp;$count = count($my_array);<br>&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;SELECT * from KeyWords where &quot;;<br>&nbsp;for ($i=0;$i&lt;count($count);$i++) {<br>&nbsp;if ($i == $count) {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;(Kwords LIKE '%$my_array[$i]%')&quot;;<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;else {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;(Kwords LIKE '%$my_array[$i]%') OR &quot;;<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$sql .= &quot;)&quot;;<br><br>&nbsp;$result = mysql_query($sql,$db);<br><br>&nbsp;$count_result = mysql_affected_rows($db);<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;print(&quot;Query results : &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;\n&quot;);<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp; for($i=0; $i&lt;$count_result; $i++) {<br> $row = mysql_fetch_row($result);<br> print(&quot;Result #$i : &lt;b&gt;$row[1]&lt;/b&gt; &lt;br&gt;\n&quot;);<br> }<br>&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;print &quot;&lt;/BODY&gt;&lt;/HTML&gt;&quot;;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;?&gt; <p>Cédric CHERCHI<br><a href=mailto:pochacco@francemail.com>pochacco@francemail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>PHP/MySQL<br>
JavaScript<br>
Flash 4 scripting<br>
HTML/DHTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back