Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyword Search in IE a HOAX?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDemon

Programmer
Feb 7, 2000
GB
Hello ppl,

I've recently been approached by who are selling me exclusivity to key words and phrases that, when typed in the address bar of IE, take me directly to my site. So if I was a hat shop owner and I bought the rights to the keyphrase "hat shop", whenever anyone typed in "hat shop" they would be directed to my hat shop web site.

Alarm bells started ringing for a number of reasons (the first being that blue planet it cannot be found in the search engines), so I contacted Microsoft. Now maybe I spoke to the wrong department but they had not heard of such a service.

Am I being paranoid? Can anyone prove to me that this service exists? Are Blue Planet IT a valid company? If anyone out there can help me I would be really grateful as I don't want to get shafted!
The Demon

..:: Visit me at: ..:: Try out: ..:: Subscribe to:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back