Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keycode trouble/recovery attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhne51

Technical User
Nov 9, 2023
US
Hello all. I've been using a CS1K/Option 11C system with 4.5 s/w for a bit now. Since I have a chassis and cabinet I decided to obtain a second NTDK20 so I could try connecting the two via TMDI cards I have. I have been reading a lot about potential ways to recover access to the system. Unfortunately, my second s/w daughter board took a hit(literally, physical damage during shipping) and took the contents with it. I tried restoring the DB from the Z: drive but this did not transfer keycodes as I have read on a different post. I believe I read somewhere being able to recover them from the database backup file? Other than trying my luck with another NTDK20 or finding someone with the correct access at KRS, any ideas I can try? In the other system I have an NT_TCH dongle I was gifted by a co-worker, I used that to install 4.5 s/w on the busted NTDK20.
Security ID: 10127186 NT_STD

You will need the keycode file that matches the silver dongle that looks like a small battery on the SSC processor card.

Any backup won't contain your keycodes.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Solved by sourcing a second NT_TCH dongle. Had great fun with learning how to set up DTI TIE trunks between the two systems. Dongle came with a CPPM, I was able to recover the keycode file so now I have a working co-res installation on CPPM running RLS 7.0 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back