Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

keyboard stuffing

Status
Not open for further replies.

subra

Programmer
Aug 6, 2000
IN
how do i do this?

I am using turbo-c 3.0 and working on DOS platform only.

is there some way i can stuff the keyboard with some characters as if the characters have been entered at the keyboard itself?

How do i do it?

thanks

dear shmoove

thanks for the idea. ungetc and ungetch only help me to stuff a key back into the keyboard. i understand that you have to use getch or getche the character before you can ungetch it.

let me make it clearer. i have a mail program which keeps checking the outbox. if there is a msg, it transmits it. I have a small program which generates mail. now the mail transmission program needs a key combination of ctrl+shift+h to begin transmitting the mail immediately. if this key combination is not given, it will check at the end of a preset time loop. i want to modify my mail generating program so that the ctrl+shift+h combination is stuffed into the keyboard buffer by my program as if it has been entered by the user at the keyboard.

please help

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back