Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard shortcut for move and magnify

Status
Not open for further replies.

olddognewtrix

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
US
I'm a long time Quark user and recently switched to Indesign. I'm using an onsite computer which has a different set up than I'm used to and I can't navigate easily.

How can I move around my document without selecting the hand tool? The keyboard shortcut was holding down the spacebar + command or option key while clicking the mouse to move around the page.

How can I zoom in/out without using the magnify tool? I used to hold down the option key and/or the option + command (shift?) key.

Is there a preference or some weird place I need to go and designate these shortcuts? HELP! ---Thank you in advance.

I'm working off a PC so not sure about Mac, but it's Ctrl and Num+ / Num- for zoom.

And again on PC it's Spacebar and mouse to momentarily select the hand tool and move around.

Go to the Edit menu/Keyboard shortcuts.

One of the options is Quark - mostly duplicating Quark Shortcuts - if you'd like to use that. Keyboard shortcuts also shows you all the built in key combos already set and lets you build new ones. There are a LOT of options available - for tools, menu commands, windows, etc.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Zoom in:
command space

Zoom out:
alt command space

Move
(only when not the texttool is not selected)
Space

Good luck

If you go to the help menu, there is an item called "keyboard shortcuts." I'd look thru those and write down the ones that are useful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back