Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

keyboard problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahway

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
US
my keyboard wil not let me type the same letters twice without leaving a letter off.it seems to be repeat mode.this is driving me crazy.when i type the word letter it looks like this--leter.please help

Try changing the driver on the keyboard. Could be a driver problem and could be a keyboard problem. If you had access to another keyboard you could test that and see if it makes a difference.

Since this could also be an operating system issue, this is a good way to test it. If another keyboard works, try replacing it or the driver, before you mess with the operating system. If you can revert to a previous save point like you can in ME or XP, that is one option to take.

i have tried other keyboards , the same problem on al of them.i did a clean install using xp,everything new.i have uninstaled driver and downloaded one from micrsoft and tried it , no luck there either.also i have lost the use of my number keys on the right.

That's normal, my XP does it too. Play with your keyboard Control Panel > Keyboard > Speed. I just type slower (don't type that good anyway) and use spell-Check. How long a delay does it take to use "double letters?

Check your cmos settings for typematic rate ..... Try to adjust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back