Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaingadget

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2007
GB
I'm running Windows XP and have just recovered from a virus/spyware infection. After many hours of frustration the machine is finally clear. I am now in the process of clearing up the aftermath of the infection as many settings have been changed. The only thing left is the keyboard, some of the keys have changed e.g. the @ and " keys have swapped places. I don't have a UK currency pound symbol it is now a # sign. Does anybody know how to get a UK keyboard back?

You should be able to do this with these steps:

1. click 'Start' button then 'Control Panel' option.
2. click 'Date Time and Regional Options' option.
3. click 'Regional and language' option - see 'Regional and language' dialog.
4. click on 'Languages' tab.
5. click on the 'Details' button - see the 'Text Services and Input Languages'
dialog.
6. drop the 'Default input language' list.
7. select the 'English (United Kingdom) - United Kingdom' option.
8. click OK then OK (again) and close the control panel dialog.

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

Thank you very much, this was spot on. I can't tell you how long I was looking for this option and simply couldn't see it.

Thanks for the star! I have had the fortune to work with several multi-lingual/multi-natioanl co-workers, so I have had to change keyboard format in the past.

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

I have a similar problem on one system. All key match after logging in. when starting up the system it a different story. Some keys are right while other does not match. I pressed each key until i found the matches to the password and login. They are fine after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back