Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard Layout Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AckTheReturn

Programmer
Feb 2, 2003
BE
As already seen, my problem sounds like it. I run Win XP Pro (english) with a French(Belgium) Keyboard where all my regional setting are for Belgium. I have installed CD11 (English), and this is the only application to bahave that way, it switches to the English Keyboard Layout, that is not installed in the system (but obviously available). But I got the same problem with version Corel Draw 10. The strange thing is that when starting the system, and before starting Corel. When I checl inside the regional Settings - Languages - Details, I can only see French (Belgium) Keyboard available... when I get to see it again while or after having started Corel Draw, I can See English (United States) Keyboard added to the list, it will desapear at next boot. The only way I found to finally write with AZERTY layout, is to press the Key Settings button below the list of the keyboards. where I define a hot key in order to switch keyboard. But this is not working in the environment of Corel Draw application. But I can only see it working when I switch whenever I edit a Text Object... when creating another new text object it switches automatically to English (US) Keyboard..
has Anyone an idea how to resolve this problem ? I don't want to install any french version of anything....

I am also a Belgian CDRAW 11 user and have exactly the same problem (OS : Win 98 Dutch).
I am quite sure that the error is in the CDRAW code as the same problem appears with W98 - XP and W2000. I suppose we should try to contact Corel and ask them to fix the bug. Untill last week there was no upgrade or service-pack available for CDRAW 11.

Could you please notify me when someone found a solution !

peter@asfprinting.com

Thank you and regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back