Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard input locale troubles Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

esreverse

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
NL
Hi there,

When i connect to a w2k TS with Microsoft RDP the default Input Locale is always UK. I cannot change the default input locale. When i configure the default Locale to use a different default Locale then the Locale, visseble in the taskbar, is switching back to UK when logging off. The Locale keeps also switching (on the taskbar) (when i change the default locale) when i open and close the configuration window. When i use PcAnyWhere i do not have this troubles. I already tried to remove the UK Locales and with PcAw it is removed, butt when i connect with RDP it is back. Is there a way to set the default keyboard layout for al TS (connections) users?

I Hope somebody have an idea.....

How's your TS configured, remote administration or application mode? Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

Gia,

It is in Application mode. I don't think it has something to do with it. (En ook niet aan de Engelse versie van w2k ;-) )

Ok, indeed it is a bug. Why I was asking you about the TS mode, is that tthis information is stored in registry, and the registry structure is different in those two cases.
I thought that applying a notssid.inf will help, but, it didn't.
Now, I suppose that the corresponding key cannot be edited by the user. Let me study it for a while.
Btw, I don't speak Dutch. I'm romanian having a contract here in NL. :))
Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K

Ok, Great. BTW. i wanna have the Dutch Locale with US keyboard as standard for all Users. I already tried to use setlocale, a small tool to use within the logonscript to set the locale at login. Because this problem is a bug, this tool will not work properly.

I am running an Engl. Version of w2k SP3 with Dutch MsOffice 2002.

Reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back