Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard and mouse freezes at the Logon window

Status
Not open for further replies.

yana3

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
US
My keyboard and mouse works fine, before win 2000 loads. I
can get to a prompt and type a command etc. Once windows
loads and the logon screen is present, my mouse and keyboard
are not responsive. Therefore, that is as far as I get without ANY input devices. Does anyone have any thoughts/solution regarding this problem?

Sounds like you may have the keyboard and mouse plugged in wrong. switch the plugs in the back and try again. I've had the same problem were everything worked everywhere else except in windows (even linux worked with the keyboard/mouse swapped).

If the above suggestion doesn't work, turn down your video acceleration in safe mode(contol panel/display/settings/advanced/troubleshooting)

Slide the lever down a notch or two.

Thanks for your responses. The keyboard and mouse are not
swapped. They are color coded and have been in the same position long before this problem started.

Without the keyboard or mouse there isn't much I can do in safe mode!

I have just posted the exact same problem. I have a dual boot and the win98 boot is fine. Did you get this resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back