Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard and Mouse Dont Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwars

Technical User
Dec 17, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a compaw proliant 3000 which i have formatted with the smartstart cd at which time both the mouse and keyboard work. I put in the operating system cd which then loads 2000 and lets me press f8 at startup on the keyboard for options. Once it gets to the login screen neith keyboard or mouse will work. I have tried different keyboards and mice but what puzzles me is they work in smartstart. Any Ideas welcome!

Did you et a solution to this problem at all yet? I have just hit the same symptoms and would like to know how to solve this. Thanks

Hi Guys

No, the problem is not only evident in safe mode but also in general working mode - have found the solution - one needs to go to HP's website and download the relevant support software that wipes out the whole Compaq server system configs, (this download comes onto a floppy disk and you use it to boot the server first) and reinstalls the server as a "brand new" one!

Thanks for your efforts but it took me something like more than 4 hours sussing this thing out and the Remote Lights Out allowed me to observe and also gave me an indication as to want was going on in the server start-up process and the error logs always showed that "keyboard and mouse was connected and then disconnected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back