Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard & Mouse stop working in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2002
US
I searched through most of the other threads and didn't notice this problem anywhere else. I'm thinking that it might be bad pins on either end of the connectors, but for reasons unknown the keyboard and mouse will just all of a sudden stop working. I've re-seeded all the connections and rebooted the PC a few times. It wasn't until I jiggled around the internal connectors that I got both to work and then mysteriously 2 hours later the user called back and said they both stopped working. The PC is a Dell running XP and I am using the default Dell keyboard. The mouse is some ergonomic deal that Oakland County provided with the PCs to us. Could bad mouse drivers be causing both to crap out?

Have had same problem, after checking and rechecking all connections I still encounter mysterious lockup of both keyboard and mouse, only poweroff and restart restores. Replaced both keyboard and mouse with new microsoft kboard and optical mouse; seems better but still freezes for no apparent reason. Thought at one time was related to having remote user feature enabled in winXP Pro but that was negated and still freezes occasionally. Have AMD Tbird 850, cpu fan and twin case fans. Bios shows no heat problem and no wiggling of wires will duplicate problem.

hi update the driver for keybord and mouse

it will solve your problem

regards
Mandar (india)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back