Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Key Voice / Vertical Voicemail help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregoryF

Technical User
Aug 8, 2008
US
I have a Small Office Lite that went "belly up" last Friday. I could not remote in to the system and upon investigation I found the video card unresponsive, upon typing or moving the mouse I could not get it "wake up." However, at that moment the VM was still managing calls. I rebooted the system and upon doing so the VM system would not start back up. The PC works and windows launches but the VM portion wont start. VM viewer wont see any ports and the Database Administrator reports "Error 1029, Incorrect database version ()"

Any ideas out there?

Gregory,
While the Windows part of the computer is working, it sounds like the hard drive may be corrupt. How old is the hard drive? Do you have the installation CD to reinstall it if needed?
Bill

Has the Windows on the PC running the VM been updated recently? Have you run a CHKDSK or a defrag on it ? This sounds like one of those situations where the PC runs and runs, and when something finally breaks, it's a surprise. as VTHIKER suggests, clean up the PC, then troubleshoot/reinstall the VM app.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back