Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Key System - Barge In - Drop Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

celswood

Technical User
Apr 18, 2013
GB
Hi all,

I am troubleshooting an issue where by the client has a number of Key System keys configured on their handset (key appearances of internal extensions) which allow them to barge in to calls and create a 3 party ad hoc conference. The issue manifests itself as follows.

Caller A (internal)
Caller B (external)
Caller C (internal)

Caller A is on a call with Caller B, Caller C barges in on Caller A using the key system key, Caller B is disconnected and can hear static.

I have addressed a similar issue before with the handset conferencing by upgrading the ICP from MCD 5.0 to MCD 6.0 PR1, this client is on MCD 6.0 PR1.

I have tried to replicate this myself by being the external caller and a number of attempts didn't result in the same issue. However after which I was informed that it happened again on a number of similar calls.

Thanks

The carrier sets up the trunk to trunk connect for the conferencing if I am not mistaken. It could be a bad trunk on the PRI. I believe a call to the carrier is the next thing to do. These are PRI trunks, not analog, right?

Always look out for the next guy because it may be you!

Sorry should of mentioned they are SIP trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back