Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kernell.dll problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sven14961

Technical User
Feb 1, 2001
IE
After shutting down Quark 4.1 it comes up with a small screen say kernel.dll has caused a problem with kernel.dll.
I cannot get rid of this box unless I restart. I'm using ME and have only had these problems since using it.

I just finished troubleshooting a similar problem: error message on disconnecting from the Net involving Iexplore and kernel32.dll in Windows ME. Turned out to be McAfee AntiVirus v5 retail causing the problem. After I uninstalled McAfee, & edited the registry, never got another error message. Installed Norton's AntiVirus 2001 and it's been purring ever since. So, if you're running McAfee software, uninstall it and see it that helps.

I had a bunch of problem with Windows ME and McAfee VScan, too. It was so bad I finally uninstalled VScan for about six weeks [during the same time you made this post].
After six weeks my (new) WinME system was running pretty smooth, so I decided to give McAfee another try. Reinstalled McAfee> went to the website to update - NINE (9) PATCHES had been created during my six week hiatus !!! >Updated, now McAfee VScan WORKS FINE. They must have been having some major problems with WinME, but they did apparently get them worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back