Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KERNEL32.DLL error when closing Pagemaker 6.5 PC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperJ

Technical User
May 10, 2002
CA
If anyone could help, I would be greatly appreciated.

Everytime I close Pagemaker 6.5, I get an error message that reads "PM65 has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting yoru computer."
I've tried reinstalling the program several times to no avail. Also, when I reopen the file, sometimes I get an error message that tells me the file was not closed correctly, - and if I want to revert to the most recent version.

So far, I have been able to work around it, but it causes me great difficulties when trying to export to pdf.

I appreciate any feedback!

kernell32.dll error is windows way of saying "I don't know what the F is wrong, so I will toss you a generic error and try to make you believe I know what is happening".. do a complete uninstall of PM if this is a persistent problem.... then do a reinstall.. after doing a defrag and scan disk.... also make sure you have less than 150 fonts installed.. if you have more then you are asking for trouble When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Go to Start, Run, type regedit. Then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Adobe, Media Browser. On the right hand side should be a Plugins key. Delete it.

If this does not work, pull out the pictpal.add and scrptpal.add from C:\Program Files\Adobe\PM65\RSRC\Usenglsh\Plugins

- Adobe Bob

After reinstalling Pagemaker, defraging, etc. I was unable to correct this error, which is not only a nuisance when closing, but poses great difficulties when exporting Pagemaker files to PDF.

I followed robertraught's instructions by going to the start, run, regedit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...suggestion and it worked perfectly. When I close pagemaker, no error message comes up! Bravo! I sincerely appreciate your help! Thank-you.
Super J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back