Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kerberos user authenticaion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasvinas

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2003
US
Hi,

I installed kerberos 5 on an AIX 5.2 box. I configured the server and client in this box. I created a new user using the command mkuser -R KRB5files username and then I change the password using passwd -R KRB5files username. But I can not login using this user. I tried to change the password using kadmin and the cpw option but I got the same results. Somebody can help me? Thnaks in advance for your cooperation. Bye.

Hi theycallmetim,

Thanks for your response. I tried SYSTEM="KRB5files" but it does not work. Do you have another idea? Thanks.

Hi,

lsauthent shows:

Kerberos 5
Standard Aix.

I am using kerberos 5 so k4list does not exist. This is the output for the klist command:

Ticket cache: FILE:/var/krb5/security/creds/krb5cc_0
Default principal: admin/admin@MYREALM

Valid starting Expires Service principal
12/16/03 14:01:51 12/17/03 00:01:48 krbtgt/MYREALM@MYREALM
12/16/03 14:12:13 12/16/03 17:12:13 kadmin/admin@MYREALM

Thanks. Bye.

Does your client have the /etc/krb-srvtab, krb.conf and krb.realms files along with a /.k5login?

When you listed the klist where is the new principal you added?

Looking at your original post, I didn't even realize you could add a user specifying loadable modules. However, it doesn't appear from you klist that your user was added to the authentication database. Try using the kerberos kadmin command to add a new user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back