Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kerberos Errors PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsz11

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2001
US
Event ID: 537

an unexpected error has occured durning logon.

What the is this, i've looked everywhere with no luck. Any suggestions and/or wild guess are very much so Appreciated.

what kind of file system fat 16 fat32 ntfs os/2?

more information please?

NTFS, WINDOWS 2000 Server in a domain environment with active directory, any other info needed?

what is exactly going on are you logging on and get this message are you using terminal service to log on the more the better

this is what i found for you

Event ID: 537 (0x0219)
Type: Failure Audit
Description: Logon Failure
Reason: An unexpected error occurred during logon
User Name: %1 Domain: %2
Logon Type: %3 Logon Process: %4
Authentication Package: %5 Workstation Name: %6

recomended reading
Auditing User Authentication (Q174073)
Logon Events
MS02-001: Forged SID Could Result in Elevated Privileges in Windows 2000 (Q289243)

I will look into that. Thanks!!!!

I can't find those files. Any suggestions?

i looked and could not find the files either. but i do not have any errors either can you tell me in what event log you are getting this in and the info

like this

Event ID: 537 (0x0219)
Type: Failure Audit
Description: Logon Failure
Reason: An unexpected error occurred during logon
User Name: %1 Domain: %2
Logon Type: %3 Logon Process: %4
Authentication Package: %5 Workstation Name: %6

I'm getting that same error in my security log. I think it's related to my Windows XP machines. Their clocks are not synching with the server and all of their times are wrong, which i think is causing this error.

date: 3/6/2002 Source: Security

Time: 10:47 A.M Category: logon/logoff

Type Failure event Id: 537

User: NT Authority/system

Username: this is blank
Domain: This is blank
Login Type: 3
Login Process: Kerberos
Authentication Package: Kerberos
Workstation: blank

here go to this link on how to set your time for the domain thread96-218405

I've done that. There is some sort of a bug i hear with Windows XP. So what you have to do is disable the windows time service and then it synch's. Now i have to see if these errors stop

That is nice information to know.

i have not used xp at all i am waiting for the bugs to stop for awhile and let the adventures end before i do.

Good choice, lots a small bugs everywhere, I hear the first service pack is headed out 3rd quarter. Overall for the end users I think XP is good, because alot of things are done automatically, but for me I don't like it because it doesn't give you as much control( my two cents anyways). Well the time is synching now and I haven't gotten a kerberos error so i'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for you help.

Help please! I keep getting this error message in event viewer "Event Type: Error
Event Source: Kerberos
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7
Date: 4/8/2002
Time: 6:58:34 PM
User: N/A
Computer: BLAYR
Description:
The kerberos subsystem encountered a PAC verification failure. This indicates that the PAC from the client BLAYR$ in realm BLAYRNET.LOCAL had a PAC which failed to verify or was modified. Contact your system administrator.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Data:
0000: 92 01 00 c0 ’..À "

I have no idea what is causing this error message. The box in question is running winxp pro connected to a w2k server with active directory running. I believe it is propably a configuration issue, but what. SP2 is installed on the w2k server box. Any/all suggestions are welcomed.

You could try turning on Kerberos event logging which gives more detailed event logging. The KB article doesn't reference Windows XP and I don't have one I can try it on either. However, I suspect that this should apply to XP. The usual yada-yada applies, backup registry before applying changes etc.

Here is the article reference:

Out of curiosity, what is the time difference on the system clocks on the client and server? I would expect to get another symptom but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back