Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping your CS1000 and Upgrading? Survey says..... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonKapesMZ4

Programmer
Nov 28, 2010
US
So is there anyone here that plans on keeping your CS1000 indefinitely? I'd be curious to hear from you and why you are keeping it? Do you bleed Nortel blue? Does anyone here appreciate the way the Nortel phones function, and consider the features, ring tones, button labeling are far superior to Cisco, Shoretel, etc?

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

Never seen O2 sensors monitored by the PBX but usually dictation machines and faxes are another TDM resource used by hospitals. Sometimes Lifeline services too.

Yea I'm with KCFLHRC, no O2 sensor applications or anything really like that here. We have dictation interfaces, faxes, fax servers, wireless phone interfaces, Amtelco call center. Other hospitals have interfaced the Vocera handsfree product for nursing, but that's all I can think of. If our hospital's partnership goes through, I hear we will forklift this fairly new CS1000 and our SMGs for all Cisco phones like the parent company. It'll be a whole new world for me once AT&T eventually kills the digital PRIs and everything is SIP based with voice gateways for the fewer and fewer analog requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back