Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping the footer at the bottom of the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

tianaPalmer

Programmer
Feb 23, 2009
US
I'm making a web page template:

I'm having trouble keeping the footer at the bottom of the page as the mainArea div grows...I made the footer div slightly wider than the wrapper div so you can see where it is "stuck" on the page...

I've read so many articles on this sticky footer thing and I can't get it to act right with my page, but making a new example file without the stuff from my page works fine. Plus, I'm totally confused now about the min-height and everything else.

Can someone please look at my code and tell me what I need to do in order keep this footer at the bottom as the mainArea grows?

Thanks!

I saw that post not too long after I posted mine...I guess what I'm looking for is someone to look at my code and let me know what i need to do...
i've tried numerous ways based on the articles i've seen and i'm wondering maybe there's something up with my code that won't let the footer stay below the content area...

I've tried just about every method from every CSS forum, article and tutorial i can find...

i think there's something wrong with my particular code that's keeping all these methods i found from working...i need a fresh outside eye to analyze my code and let me know what i'm doing wrong...have i missed something? do i need to remove something from my code?

Your link gives me a 404 error so I can't look at your source to be able to comment on it.
Maybe if you posted it (or at least the offending section of it) inline then it might be easier for us to comment on.

Trojan.

sorry, missed out the semicolon:
Code:
position: relative;

Just wanted to update...
another forum member informed me that I needed to stop using absolute positioning and use floats instead and that totally worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back